Application for: Mike Reynolds
Please feel free to comment and interact with the applicant below.
Who? (Tell us about you. Your name, where you work, etc. Anything relevant to the Application.)
Mike Reynolds (aka Sitecore Junkie, aka the Sitecore Wizard Guy, aka Mr. Goldsuit).
I have been architecting and developing Sitecore solutions since 2007. I started on version 5.2.
Why Me? (Here is your chance to explain why people need to vote for you. What contributions have you made to help the community.)
I strongly believe in the mantra “sharing is caring”, and also believe that those who share with one another will succeed together. This is why I share as much as I can with the Sitecore Community so we can all flourish together as Sitecore Craftsmen.
Basic details about me:
Some stuff I’ve done in 2017:
In 2017, I have presented at Sitecore User Groups in Australia and Canada, and will continue to speak at as many Sitecore User Groups as possible throughout the remainder of the year (need a speaker? Give a shout!)
Some of these presentations might be found on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+reynolds+sitecore)
Moreover, I will be co-presenting a session at Sitecore Symposium 2017 showcasing Virtual and Augmented Reality on Sitecore.
I am also a co-founder of the Sydney Sitecore User Group (https://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Sitecore-User-Group/), and organised it up until August 2017. I have also been an honourary co-organiser of the Milwaukee Sitecore User Group (https://www.meetup.com/Milwaukee-Sitecore-Developers-Meetup/) since 2015.
Here are a few additional things I have done (or continue to do):
– Community judge for the Sitecore Hackathon (http://www.sitecorehackathon.org/) since 2015.
– Sitecore Community Slack Co-Founder and Admin — I try to help people find relevant channels for their queries; respond to new invitation requests; and also try to make it a great (and fun) environment for everyone.
– Unofficial Sitecore Training Co-organiser: https://www.akshaysura.com/2016/02/03/unofficial-sitecore-8-training-webinar-series-full-curriculum/
– Co-organiser of the Core Community Friend Award: http://www.ourcorecommunity.com/
– Lead the daily #SitecoreScrum tweetup on Twitter. The #SitecoreScrum tweetup — in the spirit of the daily standup (aka daily Scrum) held by practitioners of the Scrum agile software development methodology — aims to coalesce the Sitecore community to share thoughts, kindle ideas, and offer assistance by being transparent on what is being worked on today.
You can find the #SitecoreScrum on Twitter: