Application for: Amanda Shiga
Please feel free to comment and interact with the applicant below.
Who? (Tell us about you. Your name, where you work, etc. Anything relevant to the Application.)
Hi, I’m Amanda Shiga.
I have been a Sitecore Technology MVP since 2012 and a keen member of the community for at least as long.
I started the Marketing Science practice at Valtech(Nonlinear) and love to share and discuss all things personalization, analytics and data science related to Sitecore.
Why Me? (Here is your chance to explain why people need to vote for you. What contributions have you made to help the community.)
I have a lot of fun contributing to our community. Here are a few highlights:
• I’ve been on the Toronto Sitecore User Group committee since 2011 and ensure we run an event at least 3-4 times a year
• I’ve spoken at many user groups over the years; most recently about Sitecore Analytics at the Brazil and London Sitecore User Groups
• I’ve shared my explorations of xDB + Machine Learning at Symposium 2016, Sugcon.EU 2017, on Mark Stiles’ Catching Exceptions (twice) and Derek Dysart’s podcast
• I ran a session on personalization as part of Akshay’s Unofficial Sitecore Training series
• Together with Mark Stiles and Una Verhoeven I founded www.SitecoreMachineLearning.com, showcasing the innovative ways Sitecore community members are applying machine learning to solve business problems with our favourite platform
• Writing and speaking contributions are here: www.amandashiga.com