Application for: Sandy Foley
Please feel free to comment and interact with the applicant below.
Who? (Tell us about you. Your name, where you work, etc. Anything relevant to the Application.)
Hi, I’m Sandy Foley and have been a Sitecore certified developer since 2010.
I spent 4 years as a Sitecore developer for an insurance company, with most of the time as the sole company developer. In this role, I re-built the Sitecore implementation to maximize the ability to change the design and add new modules with limited developer assistance.
Currently, I work for Verndale (Boston) as a Technical Lead after working at Verndale as a Senior Engineer for 1 year.
It was difficult decision for me to relinquish the role of engineer (to transition to Tech Lead) because I have such of love for manipulating Sitecore.
Why Me? (Here is your chance to explain why people need to vote for you. What contributions have you made to help the community.)
My innate love of learning that extends beyond just MY learning; I thoroughly enjoy sharing the knowledge that I have. It’s important for everyone to keep posting what we all learn; it’s eventually going to help someone and make our community stronger.
- The camaraderie in the Sitecore forums/twitter is great and participate when I can.
- Participated in the 2017 Sitecore hackathon (I recommend this fun event if you’ve never done it before).
- Sitecore Technology MVP for 2017
- Attend user groups both virtually and here in the Pacific Northwest as well as travelling down to Los Angeles.
- I was lucky enough to attend the Sitecore User Group Conference in Amsterdam after some begging.
- In Los Angeles, I’ve presented on:
- my experience in the 2017 Hackathon
- knowledge share on Data Exchange Framework
- using Microsoft Cognitive Services to auto-tag Sitecore images
- Although I was not selected to present, I spread the Sitecore word while networking at the Women Who Code conference last spring in San Francisco
- I regularly blog (at least once a month for the last few years) about Sitecore to both my personal blog as well as Sitecore blog posts for Verndale. Most recently, I wrote a 5-part series on migrating content from Ektron to Sitecore.
- Personal Sitecore Blog: https://soyouwannasitecore.wordpress.com/
- Verndale Blog: http://www.verndale.com/insights/?filter=105,104